Drop it off. We do the work. You get paid when it sells, getting you max value.
Get our consignment rate immediately in store credit for a purchase now or later.
In some cases we will make an offer for a lower payout but immediate deal.
Donations help us to better serve our local community with affordable services.
How It Works
DROP IT OFF
Get your items to us: swing by the store, ship them, or schedule a pickup at your home.
WE DO THE WORK
From assessment to pricing, photography to shipping. It's all handled by our experienced staff.
YOU GET PAID
Watch your items sell and money start coming in the form of a check, paypal, or store credit.
How Much Will I Make?
- 50% on the first $100
- 65% on the next $400
- 80% of the remaining value over $500
- *after minimum commission (see below)
Let's Calculate It
*additional deductions may lower the final return (see below)
Consignment Additional Details
OUR COMMISSION: is based on the sale price of each item. This excludes sales taxes and shipping (if either is applicable). Shipping is charged at calculated and industry standard rates.
PAYOUTS: We pay all consignors at the beginning of each month for all items that sold over 7 days prior. You have the option of being paid by check (mailed or pick up in store), PayPal, or get an extra 5% in store credit
PRICING: we either put items up for a fixed price with periodic price drops, or sell on auction for a quick sale
- Most people trust us to research and price items. With consignment, we're in it together - the more it sells for, the more we both make. However, if you have a minimum you want for an item, let us know - If we're unable to sell it for that price, we will drop your minimum by 10% each month until it sells or you pick it back up (return fees apply).
RETURN FEE: $50 per bicycle (plus full parts and labor charge on return) or $20 per item.
MINIMUM COMMISSION: We have a minimum commission of $20 per item which helps to cover the time and expenses to sell each item. The Minimum Commission is taken out of the beginning balance of the sale until the minimum is reached. See examples below
MINIMUM PAYOUT: We guarantee at least a $1 minimum payout on all items that we accept to sell, regardless of whether it sells below our stated minimum commission. See examples below
EXTRA PARTS & LABOR: We stand behind every product we sell, and we expect to do minor tuning and cleaning on the house, but if additional parts and labor is required, we’ll bill it at 75% of our normal rates, deducted from your payout once sold.
NO EXTRA FEES: Unlike others, we personally cover the ebay/paypal and credit card fees (which can be up to 14%) associated with the sale.
SAME RATES: Wondering what happens if something sells in store instead of on eBay? What you get is the same. Selling on eBay is quick and easy, while in store purchases often require extensive time working with customers to find the right solutions and fit for them. Our standard rates keep pricing simple, and frankly, help us to run a retail and online store together, which makes selling your stuff twice as effective.
- EXAMPLE 1: Your item sells for $100 on ebay via paypal. You get $50, ebay/paypal get $13, and we keep the remaining $37.
- EXAMPLE 2: Your item sells for $1000 online via credit card. You get $710, cc takes $30, and we keep the remaining $260.
- EXAMPLE 3: Your item sells for $35 in store via cash. You get $15, we keep $20 due to the $20 minimum commission.
- EXAMPLE 4: Your item sells for $12 in store via cash. You get $1, we keep $11 due to the $20 minimum commission and $1 minimum payout.
EXCLUSIVITY: Sorry, but you can't try to sell the item on the side while it's on consignment. Don't worry, items we sell typically go for well above market value due to our brick and mortar bike shop, experience with the used market, effective pricing strategy, and overwhelmingly positive reviews.
SELLING TIME: Most items are listed for sale within a couple weeks and sell within a few months. This of course varies depending on the queue of consignor items and whether you're after a quick payout or maximum value.
OTHER QUESTIONS? Feel free to ask.